Sunday, August 21, 2011

2,500 Laps: Two Months In

Just a quick update on my quest to swim 2,500 laps in 132 days: yesterday afternoon, I hit the 870-lap mark after a quick 70-lap swim. I gave myself 132 days to swim 2,500 laps in honor of Noah Coughlan's cross-country run, and after 63 days - meaning a little less than halfway through - I'm only slightly better than a third of the way to my goal. I was out of town a LOT in July and August, however, and I hope to make up a lot of ground while I'm home over the next couple of weeks. The only speed bump may be a minor surgery scheduled for early September. I'm making a second trip to the OR to finish fixing my nose, which I broke badly playing soccer last year, so swimming probably won't be an option for a week or so.

On another note, my physical therapist gave me some great news on Wednesday. He thinks I'll be able to run in about a month - something I haven't been able to do since I injured my Achilles (playing soccer, of course!) on April 14. I'm committed to this swimming thing, though - for Taylor as well as my long-term health. I've just got to stay focused. 1,630 laps to go...

As a friendly reminder, if you'd like to make a pledge toward my 2,500-lap quest for Taylor and others like her, simply visit the Miles to a Miracle website and click on the 'DONATE' button on the left. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks, as always, for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment