Sunday, May 24, 2009

We Need Your Words

Taylor's Tale has a brand new Web site! Check it out here

When our original site launched in January 2007, I was still relatively new to the world of Batten disease. We had never had a fundraiser. Our new steering committee had met only once.  My family had never publicly spoken about Taylor's illness. Though her eyes had already begun to fail her, Taylor still had days when she could see. 

In those early days, I didn't have a firm grasp of our situation or any grand ideas for beating the odds. In fact, there were only two things of which I was completely certain: 1) my sister was born with a fatal disease and 2) to have a chance to save her life, we had to tell her story. So that's what I've tried to do.

Taylor's Tale, the organization, began on February 9, 2007, the evening of Chapter One, when my family and I stood surrounded by 160-odd friends and spoke candidly about the cards we were dealt and how we were going to play them. Taylor's Tale, the story, began the day my little sister was born in 1998. And since the ink dried on the pages of Chapter One, Taylor's Tale has been a story written by committee. The words for a story like T's can't be found in the mind or the heart of just one. The happy ending will require your words as well as mine.  

So, take a look at the new site. Read our story for the first time or get reacquainted with T and our efforts to save her life and the lives of others like her. Find out how you can help write the next chapter of Taylor's Tale. There are so many who, like T, need our support to see their dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment